Some next-level sweet potato love: Skinny sweet potato, eggplant, basil, tomato, onion and bell pepper frittata
Now here’s a frittata that not only makes you skinny, but looks skinny itself. For someone who has never been a fan of huge portion sizes, this is a two-person recipe that I am absolutely in love with.
- Put one tablespoon (or less if you prefer) of oil into a skillet/frying pan, and then add a quarter of a thinly sliced onion, and sautee on a low heat for a few minutes
- Add one whole thinly sliced sweet potato and some thinly sliced eggplants to the pan, and notch the heat up to medium
- Once they’re all cooked, add your bell peppers and basil (no stirring/cooking required for this step)
- Take two eggs and whip them together, adding milk and pepper and salt, and then pour them over the vegetables
- Add your tomato on top, and then bake at 250 degrees celcius for about 10 minutes. You can add cheese if you prefer, but I normally don’t.
It seems like a long recipe (does it? It doesn’t take that long to make) but it is truly, truly worth it - no matter if it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner.